Fra: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>] P vegne af
i-campbell@utvinternet.co.uk <mailto:i-campbell%40utvinternet.co.uk>
Sendt: 23. juli 2009 11:11
Til: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
Emne: Re: [Amel] A new member

Hi Xaviar

We are on a Satorin in Mallorca but we come from the north
of Ireland. I still think the best cruising ground in the
world is the west coast of Ireland.

Enjoy your cruising

Ivan Campbell

Ocean Hobo

Hi guys,

I just join the group and thought that I had to introduce
myself.

My name is Xavier a french fellow sailor currently sailing
and living aboard a 1993 Santorin sloop that my late father
bought brand new. The boat has already sailed around the
world and done a few transat either with my parents on
board or with some close friends of them.

After three years on shore, I finaly decided that it was
time for the boat and I to get wet again.

I am actually in west Ireland with a friend of mine and
after visiting the Aran Island, we are coming back home in
Normandy to prepare the boat for a new trans atlantic that
I will do alone.

I have been sailing on this boat more than 5000 miles
already (must of them as a deck hand) and I am looking
forward more adventures. So far the plan is to sail from
Normandy across biscane bay then to Madeira, Cape Verde,
Senegal, Brasil, Venezuela ... and then who knows.

I am lookimg forward all the advices I can get on this
forum concerning preparing, upgrading and maintening the
boat.

Sail smooth

Xavier

PS : sorry for my rought english