Re: A54 Refrigeration Cooling Water Circulation Pump - Brushless Motor

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello Jamie,

You found this post about integrated motor controller?

That includes all what is needed, no more VESC and an other controller to controll the VESC what is kind of double.

An ADUMxxxx is not a board its a isolator to electrically isolate units.
Specially important as the VESC tends to backfire.
I lost some chips by not using isolators.
With ADUM you will find siutable components.
Also an USB isolator should be placed for safty when you experiment it might kill the USB port without. You are handling high power and inductive loads.

I do not use the old frigoboat wires, its replaced by CAT7 wires with CANbus (and NMEA2000)

The temperature sensors are on their own bus system.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020, 11:09 Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:

Agree about the motor back-fire possibility. I will be using a MOSFET to prevent that, and carry a few spare systems - they are cheap to build. Plus, as you no doubt understand, systems will develop and improve over time as we think of new features and control schemes. Presumably, you installed temp sensors in your refrigerator boxes and used the original Amel wiring from the compressors to the E51385, thereby bypassing that box entirely. That certainly would be the best approach, but I have not yet gotten there.

What is the ARDUM xxxx board? Don't forget, my system is still in the prototype phase. I looked on your website and could not find anything new, other than the running motor video.

Thanks,

Jamie

Phantom A54 #44