- Tips appreciated: Major frustration trying to pull cable through Mizzen.
Re: Tips appreciated: Major frustration trying to pull cable through Mizzen.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
To answer your question, the foam tied about every 2 meters is to keep the wires from twisting inside the channel and jamming. This is something that, as far as I know, only Amel does. I suspect that the reason you have a jam is that somehow the wires twisted anyway.
I hope all Amel owners are reading this because the biggest cause of the wires jamming is someone adds wires that do not have this simple piece of foam.
I think there are 3 possible solutions:
- Pull the entire group of wires in that channel down, then reinstall them.
- Try pulling from the top.
- You might also attempt someone at the top and someone at the bottom alternately pulling up, then down.
1. You need to pull up the mouse line with the foam dampers to the masttop, while there is a line fixed at the lower end to pull it back in later.
2. You use the plain mouse line to pull in your new cable
3. Plull the damping line back in
That way we have been successfull.
Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 04:05 Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998
Skickat från min iPhone
Yes, that's what our foam pieces look like too.
This is for your mizzen or main? Thanks!
2007 A54 #69
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.