Re: Covid, Spanish VAT and the18 month temporary importation rule

Mohammad Shirloo

When we were wintering in Greece, this is the same information we were told. The time that the cruising permit is surrendered to customs, is not counted towards the 18 month time limit.

However, opinions and responses vary drastically in the EU, depending on the country and the official you are talking to. We did take this issue seriously, but in our 6 years of cruising the Med, we have never been faced with an inquiry from any official regarding the amount of time Kokomo has been in EU waters.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099