Sharki furling rig sailing performance

GrahamJohnston42 <grahamjohnston42@yahoo.com>

Can anybody help me out and tell me what the sailing performance of a Sharki with an all furling rig is like particularly in light air and what would be an average speed to use for passage planning?

I have read some comments that the Sharki is a slow boat particularly in light air but the SA/D is high enough to indicate reasonable performance, I am somewhat confused.

We are not looking for a performance boat, we want a comfortable passage maker that can make good daily runs but also get along when the wind is light without having to resort to the motor too often.

Any comment would be most appreciated.

Graham