Re: Bow-thruster repair at anchor

Brent Cameron

I’ve read about that repair dozens of times but it was never very clear to me what they were talking about without having it all apart in front of me. Noe seeing your video makes it all very clear. Very well done. The two parts that you were wondering what the English names were are the Shear Pin and the Shaft Key (counterintuitive I know) but it’s still very clear what you meant. Your video will help a lot of new owners so thank you for taking the time to put it together.

Brent

On Aug 9, 2020, 7:18 AM -0400, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...>, wrote:
Just changed bearings and cogwheels on my SM bow-thurster when at anchor. Made a video of the process. Might be of interest for others in need to repair. Do not claim this is the way to do it, just the way i did it. Do not know if it is possible to put it into the file archive to make it easier to find.

https://youtu.be/6zRPHvzMvtg

Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Rio Formosa Portugal

--
Brent Cameron

Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Canada