Re: tb/AMEL owner or AMEL familiar professional near COOMERA QLND AUSTRALIA/AYOG

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Teun

Let's see if you find anyone closer first, but if not then I could potentially help. The only issue with me is that I am around 100km away, up in Scarborough, and I don't really have any other reasons to go down that way normally. At present here in QLD, we are virtually COVID19 free, so I can travel down there without restrictions at present, as and when my work commitments allow me time to do so.

Presently I am looking after other international owners boats here in Scarborough Marina, and also assisting one international owner to sell his boat too, which is relatively very easy to do since it is right on my normal morning walk route. If you (or any other future Amel owners sailing into Australia later this year) had it here in Scarborough or Newport Marina's in the north of Brisbane, then that would be far easier for me to assist, however, as we discussed back in October, having it out the water at Boatworks should also certainly give you good peace of mind that it does not need new antifoul paint, wearing bearing replacements and also lines to be checked weekly.

 As you probably know I owned an Amel Super Maramu 2000 for 9 years, and just last year completed a circumnavigation in that but sold SV Island Pearl II recently on our return, so am completely familiar with all the specific maintenance requirements, and am also very familiar with the 54 too.

See if you get any offers from anyone closer first, but if not I would be happy to help as and when my time permits.

Best regards
Colin Streeter

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

I am looking for an AMEL (54??) owner or a person familiar with AMEL (54) in the COOMERA QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA area.

Reading that QANTAS will not take any international reservations prior to March 2021 I think this indicates that it will be unlikely that AUSTRALIA will allow foreigners back into the country before March 2021. I am not a pessimist but realizing that my expectation of a return date has repeatedly moved forward from February to March to June to August to around Christmas to now March 2021 I can even see it taking longer than March 2021.

AMELIT has been on the hard @ THE BOAT WORKS YARD in COOMERA since December and I would like somebody to supervise/inspect if the additional preparation for longer storage is correctly being done as well as from time to time check on her. I have some arrangement with an outfit on TBWY but I want to make sure things are truly being done.

AMELIT was inspected this weekend and found to be in perfect shape but that person happened to be visiting BRISBANE but lives too far from COOMERA to do on a regular basis.

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

I am stuck riding my motorcycle all over USA

AMELIT is in storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

August 10, 2020 08:58:29

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

Colin Streeter