Re: Recommendation for Bonfiglioli gearbox rebuild in New Zealand

JOHN HAYES

Y es Mike I’ve used the bonfiglioli agent in Auckland found the excellent

New gearboxes were not very expensive so brought new

If you need to overhaul the worm drive in your headsail furler comeback to me as there is only one company I know of

Bettany gears in paraparaumu about 40 km north of Wellington

Best

John Hayes
Nga Waka

Johnhayes862@...

On 12/08/2020, at 11:00 AM, Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy) <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Can any owners recommend a good place to get the Bonfiglioli gearboxes rebuilt in New Zealand? Has anyone used the Bonfiglioli Transmission place in Auckland?

I would like to have them stripped down and cleaned, zercs added, repainted, and rebuilt. Ideally it would be a shop that's familiar with them and has perhaps done the job successfully before.  The brass worm gear on our main outhaul has been stripped by the stainless worm drive. The main furler works fine but is overdue for some service.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
Opua, NZ