Re: A54 holding tank drain seasock

Sv Garulfo

Thanks all for your recommendations.
Yes the 54 has the same on the caps on the deck which we used after closing the valve.

A bit of vinaigrette did the trick:
- first white vinegar to dissolve the limescale then remove the debris
-followed by vegetable oil to lubricate the valve.

Thanks all
Soraya

GARULFO A54-122
Moorea, French Polynesia

On 31 Jul 2020, at 08:31, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Hi Soraya,

At the first sign the valve becomes sticky, we use vegetable oil to lube the
valve.

With the holding tank empty and the valve closed, remove the deck cap and
pour about a 100ml of vegetable oil into the tank. Let it sit for a little
while. Then, work the valve back and forth. This will last for a few months
before it needs to be done again.

(I am assuming the 54 has caps on the deck for pump-out like the 53)

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
www.creampuff.us