Re: Onan shuts down under load without shutdown codes

Thomas Kleman

Hey Mark- your post caught my eye because we are hull #422....,Bill's approach (eliminate sensors one by one) is what we do on L'ORIENT. I'm troubled by the lack of a diagnostic code, though. We've probably had 15-20 genset shutdowns in the 10 years we've owned the boat; never was there no code. Since it's really easy, at some point I'd swap out the central board (if you have one). I think this is a vital spare part to have on a SM because of how much you depend on 220 v (unless you've done a major lithium conversion).

Tom and Kirstin
SM 2K 422
Hanalei Bay, Kauia