Re: Switch to LiFePO4

Joerg Esdorn

I have gone all Mastervolt with my Lithium conversion, which was just completed by the local MV dealer.   I have 3x200 Ah 24V batteries and I’m using the existing MV 60 A and 100 A chargers and existing 110A 24V alternator .  I have 800W and 2.5KW MV inverters, all original.  The batteries, chargers, alternator and inverters are all interconnected and controlled by the Masterbus system and monitored on an Easyview monitor.  The Masterbus also switches off my solar, wind and hydro generators when the batteries are full.  The batteries just fit in the space where 4 of the existing gel batteries were stacked under the cabin floor.  That space is designed to be watertight so I’m not concerned about flooding as long as the engine room is not breached and fills up....

 One benefit of an integrated, one manufacturer system is there is no one else to blame if things go wrong.  So, Mastervolt has certified that everything was installed as required by the specs, which gives me a lot of peace of mind.    I look forward to actually using the system when I get back to the boat!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain