Re: Ladder

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi James, herewith two photos of the stern mounted ladder on the boat along side me in New Caledonia, Nov. It was in two hinged parts, one took it to the bumper, the next folded down into the water. Looked good.

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 22 August 2020 at 03:04 "james Hosford via groups.io" <jay.hosford@...> wrote:

Ah thanks pictures I saw I thought it was fiberglass or fiberglass encapsulated wood.   Oh well it was an idea

On Aug 21, 2020, at 9:07 AM, Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:

James,

Assuming you have the OEM Amel bumper, the bumper would likely just rip off the back of the boat if you tried that.  It's made from some sort of foam rubber and held in place by just two M8 bolts with some fender washers. The bolts are meant to hold up the weight of the bumper and keep it in place in a compression load (bumping into a dock, etc.).  They are not meant to hold the weight of a ladder and person pulling down on the bumper.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara