Re: Re-power an Amel Sharki

Matt Salatino

Much of the expense is the labor involved, so the 50% component of the motor, isn’t so much. Also, you don’t rebuild everything. Some components will still be original. Are you going to rebuild the HP pump? The injectors? If so, the 50% difference declines...... given my life’s lessons with rebuild vs new, I’d go with new every time.

On Aug 23, 2020, at 1:21 PM, Volker <Puchta@...> wrote:

The Perkins M50 has run 4300 hours. It start still good on the first click, but creates some oil smoke and he oil consumption is at about 1 liter per 100 hours.
A complete rebuilt would cost about 50% of an brand new engine. Could be an option, but if you one day decide to sell the boat this would not benefit the selling price.

Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki hull no 176