Re: Output on SM

Thomas Peacock

Hi Alexander,

That looks like a proprietary (maybe Garmin?) receptacle for the main electrical supply for a chart plotter. If your chartplotter doesn’t plug into it, then it may be of no use. But you can always use the hole for another receptacle.

There must be wires coming out of the back. I would assume two of them are 12 volt power, maybe others go to a NMEA network. Have you checked where they go?

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

On Aug 23, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Alexander Schenk via groups.io <schenkschierloh=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

Having purchased our SM last year and due to COVID-restrictions we are getting to know our boat better (and working on our extensive worklist) with every day we have the possibility to be on board.

I am currently looking fror to find out how to use a plotter or other electronic device in the cockpit.

I have found the following

Anybody any idea what this might be used for (plotter?, computer?)

I have already tried to contact the previous owner but to no avail so far.

Thankful for any idea.

Best
Alexander

SY Antinea