From: David Crisp <david@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2020 9:05 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Running back stays on A54

Having previously had a Super Maramu one of the attractions of getting an A54 was the staysail.  Unfortunately I can't find any information on the correct way to rig the running back stays. What information there is is for an A55, which from what I can see, has a different deck layout to a A54. Below is a photo of the rig I've devised using some blocks with soft shackles left by the previous owner which seem perfect for the job.  I've attached the block to the mooring cleat on the assumption the loops at the base of the stanchion may not be man enough.

Any comments/suggestions from experienced A54 owners?

--
David Crisp
SV Wilna Grace