Re: Raw Water Manifold Failure - A54

Teun BAAS

Last paragraph Porter’s Email: attached is the part.

April/May 2018 it broke off completely on AMELIT; this is the replacement part I got from AMEL.

I noticed the new unit “sweating” & oxidizing rather quickly; it almost looked like 2 different metals were used. In July/August 2019, in VANUATU, checking & prepping the boat for the trip to the SOLOMONS, my local mechanic Matthieu & I decided to remove this unit completely and replace with a plastic (PVC???) self built unit which has been doing great with no “sweating” at all.

When I asked Thierry (AMEL SAV) this was his reply:

QUOTE

To answer your question this manifold is custom made by Amel . The welding between brass fitting and copper pipe is  carefully done and there is  no risk of leakage.

UNQUOTE

I have also been planning to redo everything along the A50/60 concept with individual shut off valves for each downstream line.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

I am stuck & bored and have been cruising on my motorcycle (March/April) all over BAJA CALIFORNIA 😊 😊 and since June in USA via magnificient State & National Parks on my way to ANNAPOLIS boatshow 😊

AMELIT is in storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA and now watched by fellow AMEL owners Sue & Brian MITCHELL (SV LOLA)

August 27, 2020 16:20:07

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909