Re: SM2 Roller Reefer Guide Rods

It was caused by the swivel jamming. Now you'll need to determine why it jammed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 11:18 AM David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
As I restepped my mast, I found that not one, but both of the guide rods on the top of the roller furler were bent like pretzels.  I am somewhat mystified as to what would create that amount of force at the top of the genoa.  I cannot recall any mishaps where the unfurling and furling of the genoa went poorly or I had difficulty.  Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea as to what might have caused this?  Obviously wish to avoid this in the future!

Thanks!
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380