Re: SM2 Roller Reefer Guide Rods

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi all. A jammed swivel can cause the pretzles. Another method of forming them is to put yourcspar

On 30 August 2020 at 13:35 "Craig Briggs via groups.io" <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,
PS to my earlier post.
Actually, as I think about it, I can't quite figure out how a "jammed swivel" would cause the "pretzels" of your anti-rotation rods.  A jammed swivel would perhaps cause the lower rivets to break, but it would not, kind of by definition, allow the upper swivel to rotate and bend over your anti-rotation bars that are now pretzels. Clearly either you or a prior owner has forgotten to lower and remove the balooner mouse and halyard before furling the genoa. Hence, the raised balooner halyard locks the ends of anti-rotation rods while the swivel turns freely with the full force of the motor and bends the rods into pretzels.
Alternate interpretations welcomed, but this is how I see it.
--
Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL