Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Was the Orion charger an upgrade? Check the battery. The start battery should not be discharged just because the start-battery-charger goes down. Unless there is a short somewhere.
1A. Replace the fuse with a 15amp fuse.
1. Check there is no short or leakage in the start circuit for the Genset.
2. Check there is no short or leakage in the start circuit for the Engine.
3. Try a different battery for the start circuit.
4. Check to see if there is a short in the key switch for the engine start.
5. If, nothing fixed the problem, there is probably something wrong within the Orion Charger.
I don't believe that the start battery should be supplying current to anything with the engine off and the genset off. Even if your charger went dead for 10 engine starts, your battery should be able to handle it.
Just my thoughts..
Hope you find the problem.
Ken on Aquarius SM2K #262