Re: DC DC starter battery charger on Amel 55 fuse sizes

Billy Newport

I emailed Stephane and got the following response back.

"Good Morning Billy,

I am Ioera from POCHON PRO design office.

On AMEL55, the standard inverter DC/DC is a MAGIC 24/12-20 (MasterVolt).

When this device works in chargins mode (3-step mode) the output charge current is 16A.

This explains the fuse value of 15A.

I stay at your disposal for any further information.

Best regards.

Ioera.

Bureau d’Etude POCHON PRO"

So, the victron seems to be an after market upgrade which basically never worked as it blows the 15A fuse very quickly. I'm looking for a replacement charger then to fix the issue.

Thanks