From: Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Aug 30, 2020 6:28 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] New rub rail inserts

Hi again, Dave. When you say you've had a couple of cracks in your rub rail inserts, it sounds like you've got a rigid plastic insert.  Eric mentioned that's what he had too. These new inserts are EPDM rubber - not a rigiid plastic and they, by definition, don't crack - they flex.
Nobody has pinned it down definitively, but it seems Amel may have had the rigid plastic at some time. I believe the underlying structure is the same, though, and these new rubber inserts will fit perfectly. Just want you to realize they are flexible rubber, not a hard plastic,

Cheers, Craig  ---  SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL