Re: Anchor chain counter

Roque

Paul

If you have the Lewmar chain counter maybe the  attached Manual will help. 

I think it is quite different from the SM
Arquivo PDF
Chain Corrente counterManual-…

Roque
Attika A54 -117
Paraty Brasil 

Em seg, 31 de ago de 2020 às 09:25, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> escreveu:

Many thanks again Rink for this useful advice. I will follow it when I return to the boat.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rink De Haan
Sent: 31 August 2020 14:06
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Hi Paul,

I have an Amel53 with a Lofrans Tigres windlass. Don’t know if you have the same.

On the Tigres the sensor is in the black tube housing attached to the Tigres (by Amel). You need to remove the cover (2 bolts) and then you can unscrew the tube housing and remove the old sensor.

The new sensor will come with a long cable which you need to shorten. Disconnect the old ones and re-connect the new ones. Align the new sensor the same way as the old one was placed. I fixed the new sensor with some sika and two pieces of plastic form a tie wrap.

Again, this is on my 2001 SM2K with a Lofrans Tigres (which I btw upgraded with a new motor which is 1500W).

Best regards,

Rink

Van: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>
Beantwoorden - Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: maandag 31 augustus 2020 om 13:41
Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Rink,

Many thanks. Whereabouts exactly is the unit located? Do I need to open the windlass?

Cheers,

Paul

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rink De Haan
Sent: 31 August 2020 13:36
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Hi Paul,

There are different numbers showing up at the Forum. You can find the documents at the suppliers website https://www.ifm.com/gb/en/product/IB5072

I ordered the IB5072 (EUR 79) and installed it this summer. Installation is very simple and it worked straight away. Fixed the sensor with 2 tie wrap pieces inserted.

Best regards,

Rink

SY Razor’s Edge

SM2k #330 Greece

Van: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>
Beantwoorden - Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: maandag 31 augustus 2020 om 11:19
Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Hi all,

I believe I need to get a replacement anchor chain counter sensor. I’m away from the boat and cannot find anything on the Lewmar online store so I would much appreciate if someone could advise the part number. IFM5072 turned up in this forum but I can’t find anything online in English relating to it.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.