Roque
Attika A54 -117
Paraty Brasil

Em seg, 31 de ago de 2020 às 09:25, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> escreveu:

Many thanks again Rink for this useful advice. I will follow it when I return to the boat.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rink De Haan
Sent: 31 August 2020 14:06
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Hi Paul,

I have an Amel53 with a Lofrans Tigres windlass. Don’t know if you have the same.

On the Tigres the sensor is in the black tube housing attached to the Tigres (by Amel). You need to remove the cover (2 bolts) and then you can unscrew the tube housing and remove the old sensor.

The new sensor will come with a long cable which you need to shorten. Disconnect the old ones and re-connect the new ones. Align the new sensor the same way as the old one was placed. I fixed the new sensor with some sika and two pieces of plastic form a tie wrap.

Again, this is on my 2001 SM2K with a Lofrans Tigres (which I btw upgraded with a new motor which is 1500W).

Best regards,

Rink

Van: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>
Beantwoorden - Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: maandag 31 augustus 2020 om 13:41
Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Rink,

Many thanks. Whereabouts exactly is the unit located? Do I need to open the windlass?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

Van: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>
Beantwoorden - Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: maandag 31 augustus 2020 om 11:19
Aan: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: [AmelYachtOwners] Anchor chain counter

Hi all,

I believe I need to get a replacement anchor chain counter sensor. I’m away from the boat and cannot find anything on the Lewmar online store so I would much appreciate if someone could advise the part number. IFM5072 turned up in this forum but I can’t find anything online in English relating to it.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

--