Re: Bilge pump

Arno Luijten

Alexis,

I'm not sure how the routing is for the SM but in the 54 the drain pipe for the primary pump goes in a curve up and then down to the central drain-hose that also connects the manual bilgepump, the drain for the fridges and the brine output of the watermaker. So I connected the drain of the second pump AFTER the curve to this drain hose using a T-piece. I've tested it and it works fine. I can even run both pumps together to evacuate the water at super-speed. The second bilgepump has a double one-way valve in the output so no water goes back via either pump.
Bill Rouse made a page in his book about this if I'm not mistaken.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A44-121