Re: Chesapeake Haul and Bottom Paint Recommendations

Aras Grinius

Bert Jabins is also a very good spot.  They have handled quite a few Amels; Harmonie, Delos, and a few others.

Aras
Sharki #163 1989

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 12:05 PM Paul Stascavage via groups.io <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day all,

We need to haul the RK in the near future for an insurance survey and while out we want to repaint the bottom.  In case we need to re-epoxy the cast iron keel this time around, I want to haul in a yard which has soda blasting capabilities.

We will be in the Chesapeake come October and thought this would be a good place to get this done.  However, I am not familiar with any of the yards there.

Mark McGovern recommended Herrington Harbour in one of his earlier postings, but thought I would ask the community for some additional recommendations.  This will be our third time out of the water and the first in the US.  It is always stressful, but a bit easier if you have confidence in the yard and the staff that will be handling your home.

Mark, if you should see this post, please email me paul dot stascavage at icloud dot com as I have a few questions if you don’t mind.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn