From: ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Sep 1, 2020 8:52 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Main furling motor and gear on 54

I know this has come up before, but I am servicing the main sail furling motor and worm drive.
It is all well but the top shaft seal should be replaced.
Problem;
Shaft into the worm gear is very tight. Soaked it in diesel for some hours, hesitant to hit it. Plan to find a press to press it out.
Does anyone have a better idea?
Nick
S/Y Amelia
Leros.