From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dirk Hooff
Sent: 02 September 2020 12:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Oil Pressure Volvo D3 I - C

Hi all,

since yesterday I have an oil pressure problem on my AMEL 54#96.

When I go from normal speed to idle, the oil alarm starts.

Of course, this doesn´t happen in the port but between the islands in Croatia.

My German Volvo expert suspects that the oil is too thin.

Diesel has probably gotten into the oil.

That´s why I changed the oil. More than 7 liters of very thin oil came out.

Then the engine ran again without an oil pressure alarm.

But today, when I switched back to idle, the alarm went on again.

I appreciate any advice or experiences.

Thanks a lot,

Dirk

AMEL 54#96 PÉNÉLOPE

Currently Croatia close to Dubrovnik

Am 01.09.2020 um 16:21 schrieb Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1@...>:

You need a Puller it's much safer

but if push comes to shove I hammered mine out with a blank and mini sledge