Main Furling gear box connection to foil

Giovanni TESTA

Hi to all,
thanks to Duane Siegfri photos it was possible to see how the foil is connected to the furling gear shaft.
Well,  I suppose that my steel upper bolt has enlarged a little bit the relative hole foil as the 2 parts (foil+shaft) are no more perfectly tightened.
I m planning to cut some cm at botton foil for a new hole.
To do that I dont know how many cm ( anyway the minimum necessary ) I may cut to avoid problem on the foil top.
Before I have to go on the top and to see, any experience about? Any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
Giovanni Testa
sv EUTIKIA SM 428