After a saling around the world always with trade winds from port side, wrong side for furling, this is the consequence even if with big caution.
Many thanks  for your prompt support.
Giovanni

Il Ven 4 Set 2020, 14:04 ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> ha scritto:
Hi Giovanni,

 When we had the same problem after about 10 years and 50,000 miles the Amel team in Guadeloupe took about 2.5 cm off the bottom of the foil and drilled new holes.

 One day I shall go up to the top of the mast when the main is up and see how many more times I can do that. If the length became really tight I'm sure there are other solutions, though none so easy.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada, Greece ( to where we fly  next week !)

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Giovanni TESTA <giovannitesta53@...>
Sent: 04 September 2020 09:07
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Main Furling gear box connection to foil

Hi to all,
thanks to Duane Siegfri photos it was possible to see how the foil is connected to the furling gear shaft.
Well,  I suppose that my steel upper bolt has enlarged a little bit the relative hole foil as the 2 parts (foil+shaft) are no more perfectly tightened.
I m planning to cut some cm at botton foil for a new hole.
To do that I dont know how many cm ( anyway the minimum necessary ) I may cut to avoid problem on the foil top.
Before I have to go on the top and to see, any experience about? Any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
Giovanni Testa
sv EUTIKIA SM 428