From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dirk Hooff via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:49 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Oil Pressure Volvo D3 I - C

Hi Paul, Ralph, Mohammad and Arno,

thank you for your answers and your experience.

We connected an external gauge and the pressure is with cold engine at 2bar at 700rpm (idle) and 4bar at 1500rpm.

After 15min. with normal oil temperature (75degree) the oil pressure drops to 1.3bar when idling.

And 3 bar at 1500rpm.

The Volvo expert thinks, that this is not enough.

Actually the oil pressure sensor should not trigger before the oil pressure drops down to 0.7bar. That´s why I think the old sensor is too sensitive…

First I will try it with a new sensor… unfortunately it needs time to get it, and maybe someone of you have some experience with the oil-pressure with a warm engine…

Thanks and take care,

Dirk

Am 03.09.2020 um 11:13 schrieb Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>:

Dirk,

I just had the same problem. Connecting an external gauge the pressure is normal, so I’m getting a new sensor. Note also that you cannot use a normal Volvo sensor, you must get the specially modified one that takes the bonding connection from Gwen Marine Service in France - €78.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada