Re: Sharki genoa top furling device blocked

Aras Grinius

Hi Volker.

I seem to be having the very same problem.  I tried spraying it, then rinsing it generously and copiously with water.  Same result.   Turns very stiffly.  In fact it got bad enough where my jib tang had cracked.   I had to remove and make a new one.
My next steps will be to remove the top and press out the bearings.  If you have better pictures I sure would appreciate seeing them.

Aras
Sharki #163

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 9:41 AM Volker <Puchta@...> wrote:
My top furling device for the genoa is turning very very badly. I need help to get it going or to dismantle it.
I have already taken away the brown tigthening ring and now I can see a white plastic bearing that seems to cause the problem.
Any idea how to get it going again?

Thank you,
Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki, hull no. 176