Re: A54 hawsehole and chain guide

Teun BAAS

Thomas,

Does this mean that every time you weigh anchor that somebody is guiding this device by hand in the right direction to evenly spread the anchor chain?

If so then I clearly have too many sails in the sail locker as it is completely full and was really a massive, massive head ache to get to the chain locker when the new (galvanized) chain bungled up. I never had the bungling up issue with the OEM SS chain and since I pushed a bunch of the galvanized chain all the way to the back it hasn’t happened since. It is rare, even in the South Pacific, that I use the last 30 meters of a 100 meter chain so pushing those 30 plus meters all the way back in the chain locker I believe prevents the bundle of chain getting too high in the front and thus getting tangled/bungled.

But your device looks what I need but then I also need: A) easily access to the chain locker as well as B) a pair of hands during departure.

Best Regards Teun

A 54 2009  #128

September 8, 2020 06:46:43

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sv Garulfo via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 15:07
To: Amel Yacht owners Group <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 hawsehole and chain guide

Hi all,

We recently end-to-ended our anchor chain and I found the pictured device useful to guide the chain nice and flat at the bottom of the chain locker.

It’s simply a piece of PVC pipe with a couple of small line to gutter the chain in various corners of the locker.

And when you don’t use it, it snaps happily on the hawsehole pipe for efficient storage. 

Best,

Thomas

GARULFO 

A54-122

Bora-Bora 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.