Re: A54 hawsehole and chain guide

Teun BAAS

Arno,

I had CROMOX quoted to me in December 2019 by MARINE TRADERS SUPPLIES in COOMERA QLD AUSTRALIA: AU$100 per 1 meter – about USD7,300 for 100 meters.

My initial reaction was “No fffing way; not in my life time” – but then thinking about some of the weather I have had on anchor while clearly my SS OEM chain was badly pitted in the welds at that time & how lucky I was no serious consequences .

I decided to postpone the decision until back on the boat – which now looks like a 1 year postponement.

Best Regards Teun

A54 – 2009 #128

September 9, 2020 15:40:08