Bowthruster motor switch

Peter Tiner

Hi

We need to put in a new bow thruster motor (Sleipner). We had a Sleipner technician looking at it and sent us a new motor. So far everything looked alright but when our technician loosened the motor and lifted it, the driveshaft came along a bit, maybe 20cm. Now he can’t get it back.

We believe the original Sleipner shaft is lengthened  just above the gearbox with a keyway (proper English word?) and now the key is somehow disorientated

Has anyone had this problem or tried switching motor without getting out of water?

\Peter sy Maiken A54 #52