Re: Anchor sizing

Arno Luijten

Bear in mind that most Amel 54s have two anchors on the bow. I never understood the choice of Amel to have a WASI and a Delta as default choices. These two really do not play along very well at the bow. The hoop and the straight shank of the WASI are a poor choice given the shape of the bow-gear.  I have replaced the WASI with a Spade 35kg and also fitted the big Mantus swivels. It fits perfectly now. We don't anchor that much but up to now we've had excellent experiences. You do need to enlarge the hole of the Spade a bit to mount the swivel but a decent round file will do the job.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121