Re: Anchor sizing

Arno Luijten

The chain came with the boat. It is Amel supplied and regrettably only 316L (it is WASI-chain I have just learned) so not suitable for long term anchoring. The main anchor is all chain. The secondary has 15 m chain and whole lot of rode (never checked it in detail).
Cromox is really good and really expensive I agree. On the other hand if you practically live behind you anchor there is a strong case for biting the bullet. It will last much longer then galvanized and behave much nicer in the chain locker. 316L is downright dangerous for full time anchoring. By the time we are able to start doing that we may need to some sacrifices and buy Cromox. For now this works excellent for us.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121