Re: Sharki genoa top furling device blocked

Aras Grinius

Morning Volker.
I am wondering if you have ideas about storing your dinghy.  We have a Portland Pudgy [hard shell dink].

We abandoned the notion of using a rib.  Just did not seem worth the trouble. . At any rate, There is not enough room in the stern, so foward deck is the only option.

I'm looking for ideas.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:56 AM Aras via groups.io <aras.grinius=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Also if you know what bearings and caps I need to order.
Aras

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM n33077 <aras.grinius@...> wrote:
Voker,
Can you send some more pictures of the assembly?  I'm curious to see how each piece fits together.
Aras
Sharki #163 1988

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 4:42 AM Volker <Puchta@...> wrote:
Problem solved:-)
The ship yard was able to take the swivel apart and to grind the plastic bearings a bit, so that they are turning now smoothly.
The start of the problem was that the previous owner had used mineral oil grease and this caused the plastic bearings to swell. Time over time the swivel starts to turn stiffer and stiffer until it bends the horns and finally blocks.

Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki hull 176

--
Aras Grinius