locked Re: Batteries starting to get weak - MMM - What to do -

Joerg Esdorn

The discussion here is always interesting but I wonder about the following.  There are a lot of electric cars out there which are charged to 100% SOC every day, right?  How do their BMS deal with it?  How much of a problem is it really to charge to 100%?  Are we overthinking the issue?   I’ve posted elsewhere on this forum that I Have had installed an all Mastervolt system on my boat recently.  Mastervolt has certified that the installation conforms to their specs but I can’t try it out since I can’t get to the boat in Spain.  Based on the discussion here, I have told the boatyard not to plug the boat into shore power for now - SOC is 85% currently as shown on the MV Easyview Monitor.   I suspect this is unnecessary and will follow up with MV for their official view.   Will let you all know what I hear.   Cheers. Joerg

A55 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain