Re: Anchor sizing

Teun BAAS

Last paragraph from Arno below is why, after my initial negative reaction, I decided to take the expensive CROMOX option into consideration.

Many of my recent (much, much more expensive and not really necessary – as in: new 3rd generation BAMAR furlers while the 2nd generation was working fine; new VOLVO PENTA while existing one could be “fixed”; complete new B&G navigation & radar system while the OEM FURUNO was working fine etc.) changes/”upgrades” were “safety” justified so then why hesitate with a USD7,300 anchor chain????

So now I am considering getting the CROMOX for the main anchor and switch the 100 meter galvanized I purchased last year to the secondary anchor; need to research if the additional weight in the bow will be negatively impacting the sailing.

Best Regards Teun

A54 2009 #128

September 13, 2020 13:02:20