Re: Anchor sizing

James Alton

Hello,. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the expected service life of the Cromox chain?  Also, has anyone had any failures or corrosion issues with this grade of chain.  This would certainly be a big expenditure but perhaps worthy of consideration given the mess that traditional steel chains can cause.

James Alton
SV Sueno
Karamu #220

On Sep 14, 2020 3:27 AM, "Bryce Procter via groups.io" <Balibryce@...> wrote:
Hi Tuen,

Price for 100m Cromox Grade 60 10mm short link $8690 AUD ($6332 USD).
This is from Bridco Qld Australia, I am also checking to see if it is available in Malaysia which is where my boat is currently moored.
I have a container being shipped from here to Malaysia next month so freight from here won't be an issue if I need to buy here.

Cheers

Bryce
SM 2K #467