Re: Mango fuel filter question

James Alton

Arlo,

   This looks like the same CAV filter used on my 1987 Maramu. Here is a link showing the CAV filter for comparison to yours:https://www.parts4engines.com/perkins-4236-fuel-filter-assembly/  To change the filter you remove the rusty center bolt at the top of the housing and the lower components fall away.  You will want a container and lots of paper towels under the assembly during the filter change since the bowl is probably full of fuel.  On my boat, the fuel is gravity feed so very important to also turn off the shutoff valve at the tank!  There are 3 rubber sealing rings to change that should come with the replacement filter.  You need to be really careful to insure that the upper gasket is properly inserted and not rolled over etc. or you will have a leak.  The NAPA #3166 fits my filter assembly.

Best of luck,

James Alton
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Sep 14, 2020, at 12:38 PM, Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:

Hello there. So I am.looking to change my fuel filters (routine service) and I  have no idea what the original Amel fuel system used for this filter. I have already changed the one on the engine but not this little gem...I have a Mango. Any ideas ? It is attached to the tank selector valve <20200914_094926.jpg><20200914_094918.jpg>