Re: Anchor sizing

Craig Briggs

Love my Mantus and would never switch (unless a new new thing comes out), but one time it was so solidly set that the shank bent about 30° while retrieving it in the morning after an overnight current and wind shift. It was so well set that the windlass couldn't break it out and I had to motor directly over it and needed some substantial rpms to break it free. So even at a 1:1 scope it was still holding like crazy. (No rocks - just hard mud in the ICW off Mar-A-Lago.) They sent me a new shank at no cost. They are a super anchor, but nothing's bullet proof. The Mantus T-shirt rocks, though.
Cheers, Craig -- SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL