Re: SEAFLO Marine Air Conditioning Seawater Circulation AC Pump 500GPH 220V eBay

Arno Luijten

Interesting find. This is their website http://www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/3160.html
Seems happy with both 50 and 60 Hertz and is even submersible.

However the specs seem to pose a problem for most Amels (see first line below):

- For use with AC system up to 12,000 BTU.
- More than 10,000 hours lifetime.
- 8.5GPM seawater circulation pump.

- Run dry safe for normal workloads.

- Continuous duty.
- Replace any brand marine air conditioning pump.

Amels typically have around 30k BTU (about 9kW of cooling power)  aircon (three units combined).
The flow rate suggests that the output resistance may be the problem. Output resistance can be seen a the height (head) the water needs to be elevated after the pump.

Looking at details you can see the Seaflow does approx. 36 lpm at zero head and 4 lpm at 6 meter head.
Calpeda does 80 lpm at 9 meter head and 25 lpm at 12 meter head
The latter also uses twice the electrical power.

So my guess is that the pump lacks the power to push enough water trough the pipes. I did the same exercise some time ago with March pumps and found the same problem.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121