Re: SEAFLO Marine Air Conditioning Seawater Circulation AC Pump 500GPH 220V eBay

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Arno,

On the Dormaire website they say the 500 GPH SEAFLO model is suitable for 24000 BTU.

However seeing as I have 26000 BTU I think on balance I will forget it.

The Dormaire website also has a 650GPH magnetic pump suitable for systems up to 30000BTU priced at 220 euros. That could be an option.

My Gianeshi pump is beginning to dribble salt water at the shaft seal. I have a spare seal kit but last time I took it apart the bronze vanes were a bit fragile, so I left it with the intention of replacing it with new.

This is really not an urgent project as the dribble merely wets a sponge, but it is salt water and it will not get better on its own.

Kind regards

Nick

On 15 Sep 2020, at 17:47, ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

Arno there are two models. The 250 GPH and the 500GPH. I think the 500 will do 24000 BTU

Nick
On 15 Sep 2020, at 17:46, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Actually they claim only 12000 BTU (see website). Forget about the 35 lpm capacity. The resistance in the circuit is substantial. My guess would be more close to 10 lpm.

Arno