Raymarine s3g ast / st7002 / linear autopilot failure

Scott SV Tengah

Hi all,

We just had our raymarine linear autopilot with the sg3 ast computer fail after working flawlessly for our entire ownership.

The error on the head unit raymarine st7002 says "Drive stopped".

The sg3 ast supply is at 26.8v and the clutch is correctly set at 12v and gets around 12.48v

What I do notice is that the voltage at the computer motor output and consequently the linear drive is only 13.4v

I checked all raymarine computer fuses and cleaned the fuse contacts to no avail.

Has anyone experienced a failure like this or have any idea what I should check?

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69