Re: Changing the base of the WC on an older SM

Aras

I had to change mine several years ago.  I took a piece of Starboard and mounted the WC to that, then tapped and mounted that to the original base.   It actually worked better as it raised the height a tad, making it more comfortable to sit on.  Just my 2 cents.

Aras
Sharki #163 1988

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:32 AM michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:
Hi  Ian. There is access via a small cover. You will need a ring spanner with tape to catch the nut from underneath the floor.
This is on a sm251
Regards Michael

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 8:00 pm, ianjenkins1946

Hi All,

 Some time back I wrote that the base of one of our WCs  ( Jabsco 37255 )was starting to crack. Unfortunately, the replacement base ( Part no.37004-1000 ) has its anchoring holes in different places that the original. This is a problem when you can't access the underneath of the fibreglass platform to which the base is bolted.
 The same guy, Neil, as mentioned in my previous email, has a solution which involves drilling a hole wide enough to get the bolt through and then to fix the bolt in place and fill the hole.  He will do the work this winter so I will report back on how it goes.

 For those in this area, my experience of Neil ( who  recently replaced the seals on the gearbox on the main and also stripped down and rebuilt the gearbox on the main outhaul ) is good. He works with FYS yacht services, owned by Christian Grunert, an Austrian, in Porto Helli. They are full of work. See www.franks-yachtstation.com

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada

--
Aras Grinius