locked Re: Batteries starting to get weak - MMM - What to do -

Teun BAAS

In addition, in general, what good is a “warranty” if you are in several years 500NM to 5000Nm away from the “installer”. I have had problems getting people to back up their warranty while still being in the same location; they promise to come on board and don’t show up etc. etc.

Likely a reputable manufacturer will blame/question the installer and if not a factory affiliated installer you are “up the creek” in the “blaming game”.

Although not boat related, I am currently in something similar between a truly first rate USA insurance company and the official ASTON MARTIN dealer; both holding their grounds but I am stuck in the middle.

Best Regards Teun

A54 2009 #128

September 18, 2020 09:28:26

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arno Luijten via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 09:13
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Batteries starting to get weak - MMM - What to do -

Hi Joerg,

I don't want to annoy you but how long is the warranty on your installation? This whole "do leave the batteries at 100% for extended periods" is to preserve the batteries in 5-8 years time, not next year. So unless you get 10 years of warranty for more then 80% of the original capacity, they can say whatever they want.
My point is that I have a hard time believing these batteries will last for such a long time. And even Tesla with their 8 year warranty tells you to refrain from keeping the batteries at 100% SOC. They do have some experience in this field, more then Mastervolt for sure.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.