Re: Loss of drive on my Santorin

Dennis Johns

Your Santorin has a different gearbox than my Maramu but I know when I had my clutches replaced the mechanic was very careful in making sure the thrust washer was the proper thickness.  He actually took the time to fabricate one in his shop.  Do you know if the thrust washer was replaced?

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu 121

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 7:52 AM Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just guessing, but have you tried totally disconnecting the cable from the transmission shift lever and shifting it by hand, thus absolutely eliminating adjustment as even a remote possibility?
Also, you say you can see the prop spinning with your GoPro - can you also observe the prop spinning faster when you accelerate (as you have observed the C-drive spinning faster when you accelerate? That might isolate your diagnosis.
Keep us posted on this intriguing mystery!
Ctaig - SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL