Re: deck leak

Thomas Peacock

We have also experienced a small deck leak, albeit forward of yours.
What I have found is the screws that hold in the metal plating associated with the windows can work loose a little bit, allowing water to come in through the screw hole. This can happen even if the screw looks okay on the outside.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

On Sep 19, 2020, at 12:52 PM, Miles <milesbid@...> wrote:

Deck leak.

Hello All,

My boat has developed a small deck leak over the chart table.  So far it is small and is visible only by looking at the slight bubbling and dampness in the head liner.  I suspect the main traveler track, but I am hoping that someone else has had a similar problem and can offer suggestions.
Miles
Ladybug  sm216  Newport, RI

--
Tom Peacock