locked Re: Batteries starting to get weak - MMM - What to do -

Scott SV Tengah

Joerg,

As I mentioned before, I believe, it is recommended (and I do) charge to full once a month. That resets the battery monitor to 100% and also balances the batteries since for every battery I know, balancing only occurs when nearly full. That has to do with the very flat voltage vs. SOC curve. There's bottom balancing, too, but that's beyond my comfort level.

There is a significant difference between charging full once a month and keeping it full. The former is recommended, the latter is generally accepted to be detrimental with no known benefits.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69