Re: Manual Bilge Pump

Ryan Meador

Hi Guillaume,

On our SM (233), the manual bilge pump is a Henderson Mk 5 (now Whale).  The service kit part number for ours is AK8050.  The most likely failure is a hole in the diaphragm.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 8:41 AM Cathy & Guillaume via groups.io <carpathia3=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Recently, as we have been using the manual bilge pump quite a lot due to a problem on the AMFA electric pump, I noticed a leak on that pump, and getting worse. Grey water coming from the ceiling of the engine room...! Has anyone had that pump leak? What is the brand/model (Henderson, Whale,?) and any idea where to find spare parts or replacement?

Many thanks in advance!

Guillaume
Carpathia III, SM2K #293
Now in Athens